Anne Craine - Ramsey
|| Anne Valerie Craine
|| 3 - Ramsey 23, Fletcher 21 and Kezia 19
|Place of Birth
|| Isle of Man
||Full Time Member of the House of Keys
Contact Details for Voters
|| The Carrick,
Isle of Man
Political History & Views
What is your political history or relevant experience?
- Member of the Board of Education 1992-2003
- Member of the House of Keys for Ramsey 2003 - date
- Member of the Department of Local Government and the Environment with responsibility for Estates and Housing 2003 - date
- Member of Department of Trade and Industry 2004-2005
- Member of Department of Health and Social Security with responsibility for Health 2005-date
- Member of the Standing Committee on Expenditure and Public Accounts 2004-date
Member of the Standing Committee on Economic Initiatives 2004-date
- Member of the Constitutional and External Relations Committee
- Member of the Energy Policy Committee
- Member of the Overseas Aid Committee
- Have served on various Select Committees
Are you a member of any organisation which guides or influences your political views or polices?
No, but I am involved with the following organisations which reflect the importance I place on community and family values:
- Founder - Ramsey Young Peoples Project
- Organiser - Ramsey National Week Celebrations
- President - Northern Neighbours
- President - Maughold Social Club
- Vice President - Ramsey Town Band
- Vice President - Ramsey Football Club
- Vice President - Ramsey Ladies Cushag Choir
- Vice President - IOM Standard Bearers Association
- Committee Member - Bonwick House Family Resource Centre
- Member - Ramsey Chamber of Trade
- Patron - IOM Family History Society
What are your main national issues?
- Maintaining and developing continued economic growth
to enable :
- Secured funding for health services
- Promotion of high standards of education and training
- Establishment of new industries for secure job
- Provision of affordable housing
- Greater financial support for those on fixed or low
- Immigration/Residency control
- Fuel costs and Energy sustainability
- Strengthening our constitutional position to give more
control over our external affairs.
- Maintain our Manx identity and heritage for future
What are your main local issues?
- Provision of 24 hour services of Minor Injuries Unit at
Ramsey Cottage Hospital
- Development of Ramsey Marina accomodating the needs of
present harbour users.
- Promotion of new opportunities for local industry
- Investment in the retail sector
- Greater provision of affordable housing and sheltered
- Restoration of the Queen`s Pier
- Increased provision of leisure facilities for young people
What do you believe you would bring to government as an MHK?
A full time commitment to a full time job.
Energy, enthusiasm and an ability to work with others as part of a team for the betterment of Ramsey and the Isle of Man and its people.