David Quirk - Onchan
||David John Quirk
|Place of Birth
Political History & Views
What is your political history or relevant experience?
- First elected to Onchan District Commissioners in May 1990.
- During this time I have been Chairman of the Board twice and have served on all committees as a member/Chairman.
- I have also played an active role in community life in Onchan.
As part of my political career I have sat on numerous committees some of which are as follows:
- Richmond Hill Consultative Committee
- Whitley Council
- Eastern Civic Amenity Committee
My role in the local community:
- Chairman of Onchan Pensioners Social Club.
- Chairman of Onchan Silver Band.
- President of Onchan Football Club.
- Member of the Horticultural Society.
- I am a keen supporter of a number of clubs and societies in Onchan and I will continue my support if elected.
Are you a member of any organisation which guides or influences your political views or polices?
What are your main national issues?
- Residency Control.
- Protecting the rights of the people of the Isle of Man.
- To secure costs of energy supplies.
- Supporting businesses to compete throughout the world.
- Making sure that capital projects are funded within budget.
What are your main local issues?
- Provision of adequate housing first time buyers/local authority/sheltered housing.
- Providing more industry with a pro active approach.
- Employment security.
- High cost of energy supplies.
- Health Care service provision
What do you believe you would bring to government as an MHK?
- I will approach any challenge with enthusiasm and 100%commitment.
- Act in the best interest of the Islands community.
- Continue to be approachable and available.